NETCommander - Visual Studio .NET IDE Enhancer (VB.NET & C#)
Download Free 30 Day Trial of Fully Featured Version.
NETCommander adds over 50 time-saving features to the Visual Studio .NET IDE for VB.NET and C# Developers. A follow-on of the popular VBCommander for VB6, NETCommander automates many of the tedious and time-consuming features of everyday development activities.
NetCommander 2003 is now available. Version 2.0.22 (.NET 2001) or Version 2.0.52 (.NET 2003) are now available for download. Not only has the price been reduced for a special promotion, but the new version now allows the developer to pick and choose the options that he/she want to use and to place the individual top level menus on either the Tools Menu or in the Code Window context menus.
Feature CategoriesNETCommander features are generally invoked from a menu option. Additionally, some functionality is automatically invoked based on the occurrence of certain events within the IDE. The following list of categores lists the major top-level menu optons. You can click on the ones of interest to see the features available under that particular menu.
Menu Invoked FeaturesCode Generator Features Click for Details.
Block Commenting and Documentation Click for Details.
Window Manipulation and Code Window Navigation Click for Details.
Form and Control Designers Click for Details
Print Selection, Window, or Project in Pretty Print Click for Details.
Error Handler Code Generation Click for Details.
Utility Features and Setup Click for Details
Code Generator OptionsThe Code Generator features provide many short-cuts to creation of code that would otherwise be time-consuming and error prone.
- MessageBox Designer - Design Complex MessageBoxes
- Compose SQL - Write SQL Statements and paste into code window.
- Compose and paste to Code Window Lengthy Text Strings.
- Create Public Property Methods from one or more selected variables.
- Quick Code - Choose from many code snippets & paste to code window.
- Object Library - Maintain your own Code Library for easy insertion into code window.
Comment & Documentation Features
- Block Comment, Addition, Change, Delete, & UnComment.
- Context Comments introduce word wrapped comments for ease of revising comments.
- Module, Revision, & TODO Comment Generation
- Track changes via Block Comments, by developer name and date.
- Create XML (C# style) comments for VB.NET, for the current project, with reporting capabilities..
Windows Manipulation Features (Partial List)
- Close and Save (with or without prompt)
- View Current Procedure (Missing VB6 Feature)
- Reload Component
- Goto Top of Method
- Backup Current Window
Forms & Control Designers (Partial List)
- Copy Controls & Code Behind from form to form.
- Copy Menus & Code Behind from form to form.
- Clone Module (Forms, Classes, Modules)
- Clone Procedure
- Test SQL & View Results in Grid whild Debugging
- Smart TextBox Designer - Create MaskedEdit Functionality
- Stuff TextBox Events - Insert, Add, Replace TextBox Event Code
Print FeaturesNETCommanders Print features provide an improved printing format and documentation over the standard print capability of the Visual Studio .NET IDE. Provides color coded, nicely formatted, and indentation of code that wraps. Provides print and previewing of Selections, Windows, and whole Project.
Error Handling Code GenerationProvides method level and global error handling code for both VB.NET and C# development.
Utility Functions - Includes SetupThe Utilities Menu provides such features as Global Bookmarks (persist across sessions of the IDE), a Project Browser that shows your whole project, including methods, variables, printing, and navigation features. There is a feature for finding all procedures that do not have error handlers, if you use local or method level error handling.
Event Driven FeaturesIn addition to the numerous features invoked from menu options, there are several powerful features that can optionally be invoked when certain events occur within the Visual Studio .NET IDE. These features are all optional and can be turned on or off from the Setup Dialog, available from the Utilities Menu. The features that fall into this category are listed below.
- C# Completer - Completes often used C# constructs when the developer presses the Enter Key
- Form Property Prompter - Pops up a dialog when a new form is added to the project reminding and allowing the developer to enter several key properties
- Control Prompter - Pops up a dialog when a new control is added to a form designer reminding and allowing the developer to enter key properties for the control If the control is a TextBox, several options are availble to make the TextBox a smart control with pure VB or C# code.
- Automatic creation of XML Comments for VB.NET like the ones generated for C#. The difference is that the comments are automatically generated each time a new procedure is generated, without the developer having to type three comment delimiters, as in C#.
NETCommander is available for a Free 30 day trial. The Trial version is fully featured. You can download or purchase registration key(s) below. If you have both Visual Studio 1.0 and 1.1 installed, you can use NetCommander. If you only have 1.1 only, you need to download the NetCommander 2003 Download.
Purchase 5 Seat License for NetCommander for $199.
Purchase Site License for NetCommander for $349.
NetCommander 2003NetCommander 2003 has a new TextBox Designer that works for both VB.NET and C#. This designer provides code behind the Form Controls for Validating Numeric Input, Formatting like the Masked Edit Control, and Changing Selected and Unselected, Background and Foreground Colors.
Purchase Registration Key for one copy of NETCommander 2003 for $59.
Purchase 5 Seat License for NetCommander 2003 for $239.
Purchase Site License for NetCommander 2003 for $429.
Top of Page